As much as car insurance industries try to stand out by making offers of lower price rates, car insurance rates are determined by your driving record, address of residence, and vehicle choices. This is why you can’t exactly negotiate with your car insurance provider for a lower price.
However, this doesn’t stop you from saving on car insurance right from the start of the shopping phase. Before even meeting with an insurance agent, make sure you are familiar with the basics, such as the kind of coverage you need, the different types of discounts, and quotes.
How to Secure an Affordable Car Insurance Policy
The following are a few ways in which you can secure inexpensive car insurance policies:
• Apply for Discounts: While some insurance providers don’t particularly advertise the presence of car insurance discounts, they’re still available. Examples of these discounts are :
-> good student discounts- which lower the rates for young drivers that maintain good grades in school
-> credit discounts- for drivers with favorable credit scores
-> military discounts- for those who currently serve or have served in the armed forces
-> bundling discounts- for those who buy different types of policies from one insurance company
• Get the Right Car: The kind of vehicle you drive is a huge determinant of your car insurance premiums, which is why sports cars that drive at higher speeds and are more prone to accidents come with higher insurance costs than safer, mid-sized family cars. To qualify for lower rates, you can also enhance your car by modifying it with key safety features like anti-lock brakes, anti-theft features, or powerful airbags.
• Revise Your Insurance Coverage: Just in case you’re still paying higher premiums despite getting a safe sensible car or modifying it with safety features, you can decide to revise your coverage and amend it by canceling out certain coverage you don’t need in your current situation. You can also get a higher deductible and lower premium if you do not drive your car often, but this might require you to pay for damages out of your own pocket if an accident occurs.
• Compare Quotes: Doing this will help you understand more of how several insurance companies determine car insurance rates. You can ask your insurance agent to for quotes and discounts from different insurance providers.
• Switch Your Provider: Visit your car insurance provider and make an attempt to switch from their company to another. There is a high chance that if you make it known to them that you wish to cancel your insurance with them and switch to another company, they will lower their rates to keep you or even offer you some unique add-ons and perks to make you stay. However, this is only possible if you are a valuable and longtime customer who pays their bills on time.
These are a few ways in which you can save on your car insurance policies. The experts at CF&P Insurance Brokers can help assess your specific car insurance coverage needs and close any protection gaps. To learn more, don’t hesitate to call us at (925) 956-7700 today.