Severe weather can be dangerous for road traveling. From unseen ice to high winds, there are a number of factors that can impair your driving conditions. It’s important to stay safe and remain alert in order to avoid unwanted accidents. We’ve compiled a short list of ways to stay safe on the road this winter.
- Stay alert: Never drive when you’re tired. Experts have agreed that driving while you’re tired is just as bad as driving while under the influence.
- Avoid driving during storms, if possible: Travel during daylight hours and try not to travel alone.
- Leave room: We all remember this rule from driving school- always give yourself enough room between you and the car in front of you to prepare for an unexpected stop.
- Properly inflate your tires.
- Always use your seat belt.
- Don’t drive distracted! Distracted driving continues to lead as the number one cause of car accidents. When weather conditions are poor, getting distracted for just a few seconds can lead to a deadly crash.
It’s important to keep your phone and other items out of your hands and focus on the road. Staying alert, using proper safety precautions, and not getting distracted can all help guarantee a safe road trip.
Have any additional tips to share for staying safe on the road? Leave them in the comments below!